Step by step installation guide of Windows 7 RC on Viliv S5 3G
Text : JOE
People just got their 3G viliv S5 on hands and cannot wait to upgrade the OS into Windows 7.
Our forum member Asiaapollo provided an installing guide on how to install Windows 7 RC on viliv S5 Premium 3G.
Here are the step by step guide:
A. Before install Windows 7, please download all the drivers from myviliv.hk and extracted to separate folders
B. Copy below folders from factory installed XP OS:
- C:\Program Filers\VilivManager
- C:\Program Filers\MobilePartner
C. Set boot priority to boot from CD/DVD driver, and install Windows 7 by USB DVD-ROM (in my case, I config my 8G memory stick as DVD-ROM)
D. Windows 7 driver installation sequence:
1. run setup.exe of infinst_autol, reboot
2. update "unknown device" => Atom_Io_Control
3. install S5_System
4. update "Universial Serial Bus (USB) Controller" => usb32client
5. execute "Install_vilivManager_v1.1.2.exe"
6. copy VilivManager from Factory installed XP OS (It is newer than "Install_vilivManager_v1.1.2.exe" and with 3G Modem option) 7. execute VilivManager by "Run as administrator" and turn on Bluetooth/Wifi/3G Modem 8. update "...SDIO..." => Wifi_Driver
9. connect to internet by WIFI
10. update "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" => Auto search online, reboot
11. update "Microsoft PS/2 Mouse" => Touch_Driver
12. update "Com1" => GPS_Driver 13. update three "unknown device" under catagory Modem => "Browse My computer for driver software" => select MobilePartner folder from Factory installed XP OS
14. copy MobilePartner folder from Factory installed XP OS to C:\Program Files and create a shortcut of the executable to Desktop or anywhere you like 15. If you want to use CubeUI, you are required to download and install "Microsoft .NET framework 3.5" and "Adobe AIR"
Done! Now you should have 100% working Windows 7 on Viliv S5 3G!